Dr Andre Joel Cervantes
Hello I am Dr Joel Cervantes. It has been my privilege to train with some of the best Spine Surgeons available, some with an Orthopedic background, others with a Neurosurgical background, but all very versed and experienced in spinal problems. I have been able to partake both in conservative as well as highly invasive philosophies with respect to spinal pathology and have concluded that the best option is always an individualized treatment program for each patient with a spinal problem. Pain is the most frequent symptom referred by people with varying spinal problems and in the fast-tracked world we live in many people are prone to seeking a quick fix which may not always be the best solution. I propose to each and every person who dialogues with me in the comfort of a consult that the best approach is to tailor each treatment to your particular needs. Please indulge by reading on and hopefully I can be of service in clarifying your doubts and answering your prayers for proper pain relief through a personalized approach to your spinal problem.
Pain due to injury or wear and tear of the bony elements or soft tissue elements of the spine can occur at any age and in people from different walks of life. Many times individuals end up having to resort to surgical interventions to remove pain when other modalities of treatment are insufficient to ensure an adequate quality of life.
The focus is simple:
- Name: Andre Joel Cervantes
- Nationality: Belizean
- University: National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
- Training Hospital – General Hospital of Mexico (Mexico City)
- Title: Neurosurgeon/Spine Surgeon/Functional, Stereotatic and Radioneurosurgeon
- Founding President – Belize Society of Neurological Surgeons
- International Member- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Chairman and President – Neurosurgical and Spinal Services Associates
- Chief of Neurology & Neurosurgery – Belize Healthcare Partners Limited Hospital
- Chief of Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery Department KHMH - Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital
- Consultant Neurosurgeon/Spine Surgeon at Belize Medical Associates Hospital
- Consultant Neurosurgeon – Northern Medical Specialty Plaza
- Consultant Neurosurgeon & Spine Surgeon – La Loma Luz Hospital
- Professor of Neurology and Neuroanatomy – Central American Health Sciences University
Dr. Cervantes is the first Belizean to have completed postgraduate studies in Neurosurgery and to have returned home to his country of origin to establish services in the line of Surgical Neurology in Belize. Before Dr. Cervantes’ return to Belize, Neurosurgical services were practically non-existent. Apart from the subspecialty of Neurosurgery, Dr. Cervantes has fellowships in Spine Surgery and Functional, Stereotactic and RadioNeurosurgery.
Dr. Cervantes has proven to be the most advanced diagnostic and treatment surgeon for back and neck pain and spinal disorders in Belize and is uniquely trained in that he had both orthopedic-spine and neurosurgery-spine fellowship training. His dual-fellowship training is considered the highest level in spine surgery training.